Industrial equipment refer to heavy-duty equipment that is specially designed for performing construction jobs. It frequently involves earthwork operations. They are also known as construction equipment, engineering equipment, heavy machines, heavy vehicles or heavy hydraulics.
Essence of Industrial Machinery
- Heavy Equipment – This refers to heavy-duty vehicle that are specifically designed to execute construction jobs. It is often used for earthwork operations. They are also known as heavy trucks, heavy machines, construction equipment, heavy vehicles, engineering equipment and heavy hydraulics. They are usually composed of five equipment systems, namely: implement, structure, traction, power train and control and information. It performs through mechanical advantage of a simple machine, the ration between input force applied and the force exerted is multiplied. Some heavy equipment uses hydraulic drives as its main source of motion.
- Hardware – It is also known as household hardware. It is a term usually used to refer to equipment that can be held by hand. Examples of this hardware are washers, screws, nuts, locks, keys, latches, hinges, wires, belts, chains, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, machine parts and many more.
- Industrial processes – These are procedures that involve chemical, electrical, physical or mechanical steps to help in the manufacturing of an item or items that are manufactured on a very large scale. Industrial processes are the key components of industrial industry.
- Machine – This is a tool that has one or more parts using energy to perform an action. It is usually powered by mechanical, thermal. Chemical or electrical means. It is motorized. A simple machine simply transform the direction or magnitude of a force. More complex machines perform complex tasks.
- Machine Tool – This is a machine used to create shapes or machining metals are harder and rigid materials. Its functions usually consists of cutting, grinding, boring, hearing or other forms of deformation. Some machine tools use some sorts of tool that do the cutting and shaping. All types of machine tools employs methods of holding the work piece and guiding the movement of the parts of the machine. While machine tools help people create things, not all factory machines are machine tools.
- Tool – It is any physical item that can be used to achieve an objective. Human beings invented tools millions and millions of years back. Today, tools are more modern and created for particular use, field or activity. They are designated as instrument, implement, utensil, apparatus or device.