There are many types of industrial machines used in different industries to make performance of jobs easier, faster and cost-effective.
There is an increasing demand for Industrial machines in the past ten years. This demand is driven by the need for new construction, renovating old projects and buildings, and increase in mining activities to provide raw materials for industry. As an offshoot, there is an increase in employment in construction jobs, especially for heavy equipment operators and maintenance mechanics. There is also growth for manufacturers and distributors of parts.
Types of Industrial Machines
- Agricultural machines – These are machines used in the operation of an agricultural farm or area. Some common types of agricultural machines are the harvesters, planters, tillers and many more.
- Assembly line – This is a manufacturing process wherein parts are added as the semi-finished assembly moves from work station to another work station. The parts are added in correct sequence until the final assembly is done. Sometimes it is referred to as a progressive assembly. It can assemble products faster and with less labor involved.
- Industrial robot – This industrial machine is defined as a machine that is controlled automatically, reprogrammable, multipurpose manipulator and programmable in three or more axes. This machine is often called robot and is used for manufacturing. The most common applications of industrial robots include painting, welding, pick and place, testing and product inspection. These applications are done with high endurance, precision and speed.
- Oil refinery – This is an industrial process plant for processing crude oil and refining it into more useful products such as gasoline, petroleum naphtha, diesel fuel, heating oil, kerosene, asphalt base, and liquefied petroleum gas.
- Packaging and labelling – This is a technology for enclosing or protecting products for sale, distribution, storage and use. Packaging is the process of design, evaluation and production of packages. Package labelling is a written, electronic or graphic communication that can be read on the package.
- Paper mill – This is a factory for manufacturing paper from vegetable fiber and other ingredients. It uses a paper machine.
- Sawmill – This is a facility where logs are cut into lumber.
- Smelter – This is facility for extracting metal from its ore. Base metals extracted include silver, iron, copper and others.
- Water mill – This is a type of industrial machinery that converts the energy of free-flowing water into useful forms of energy such as electricity.